We are bringing you a free course on GlassFish Server. In the course you will learn the following:
- GlassFish Server architecture
- GlassFish Server internal architecture (listen threads, threads pools, containers)
- Command-line utility
- Admin console
- JVM Tuning
- Code generation
- Memory management
- Garbage collection performance
- JConsole and JVisualVM
- Packaging applications recommendations
- Deployment descriptors
- Server logging
- Front-end configuration using the Apache HTTP Server and mod_jk
- Class Loading
- JAAS introduction
- Role-based security
- Secure communications (SSL and TLS)
- Configure Resources
- Configure data sources
- Monitoring resources
- Configure JMS environment
- Unicast or multicast?
- Denial of service configuration
- Vertical and horizontal scaling
- Load balancing
- Load testing
Note that this is a course you can do at your own pace. The exercises lead you step-by-step through the process of installing, configuring, deploying etcetera. The material consists of the following:
- installation, the necessary software to set-up the environment:
- software, contains the deployments (.ear and .war files) that are used in the exercises.
- voorbeelden.zip (means examples.zip in Dutch), contains the code that is used to build the applications and an example configuration that you are going to set-up in the exercises.
- glassfish-opgaven.pdf, the exercises. In the beginning of the exercises, references are made to a virtual environment. This environment can be anything you like. In the exercises a vm-ware virtual machine with Linux is taken as the basis.
- glassfish-sheets.pdf, the sheets.
Presenting at JavaOne 2012: Harness the Power and Performance of GlassFish Tuning for High Availability. The presentation slides can be found here.